Thursday, August 18, 2011

Ugh...

I totally went to Duke... and had lunch
Hi there, nice seeing you.  Remember me?  I am pre-pregnancy Amanda.  I am active and somewhat slender.  I wear cute clothes and have cheekbones.  I am strong and like to work hard with the boys.  Oh, and I don't have gas. 

I hardly remember this girl!  Seeing pictures of me these days makes me start planning my workout and diet routine for the week after Baby Brother comes. 

But that is vain and problematic.  See, I have this soapbox I like to get on called "being skinny isn't what is most important in life".  When I'm skinny, I get on it.  I know its true- many people place way too much importance on being thin, to the detriment of their kids, homes, scripture study, self-esteem... the list goes on and on.  I have known too many people who become truly obsessed with the numbers on the scale and lose themselves to reaching crazy goals.  But on the other side, it is important to take care of yourself!  Put good things in your body, exercise it (non compulsively), and take care of it as the gift it is from Heavenly Father. 

Balance, my friend, is what I am seeking when it comes to my body and self-image.

So, for the next 8 weeks, I have a few things to keep my mind off of my chubby arms and round face, and once BB comes, I'll try not to cry at my postpartum jiggley tummy :).

My Nesting To Do List... the urge to get things done has definitely kicked in. 
     1. Relearn the beginning of Rachmoninoff Prelude in C# Minor and FINALLY TEACH MYSELF THAT DANG HARD ENDING
    2. Make a Baby Book for Lincoln
    3. Crochet a bajillion baby presents for friends and their bambinos
    4. Halloween costume for Lincoln (he will be the cutest dog this side of ATL)
    5. No less than 4 (non-OB) doctor appointments (Eyes!  Dentist!  Yes!!) starting the second we get on Steven's insurance
     6. Get a GA driver's license and plates for the car
     7. Save all the videos floating around on different computers of Lincoln to something somewhat permanent


Hopefully making this list public will help with a little accountability.

    
   

4 comments:

Unknown said...

you are delusional sweet girl!! You look beautiful...seriously you have no idea what I would do to look like you when I'm pregnant :) and I totally do the same thing with every soap box I get on...it's easy to lecture from the other side of the fence ;) Good luck with your list and thanks for the reminders...seriously sometimes I feel like we are living parallel lives on different sides of the country :)

Lisa said...

I love talking to old photo's of myself! You are nicer to yours - mine always start with "if only you knew..."

We are all so hard on ourselves. If only you could see how truly BEAUTIFUL you look - I think more so in the pregnancy photo than the pre!

I love your posts...they are so genuine! I can't wait to see Sir Linksalot's costume...if only he could pair up with his cousin's unicorn! What a pair they'd make!

Natasha said...

I know what you mean Amanda. It is hard to find the happy medium. Hey though, you are still so cute and sexy as a pregnant momma! My baby is almost 6 months and I still have a squishy tummy. Working on that :) May take some time. Good luck with everything! And be easy on yourself.

Dani said...

YOU ARE GORGEOUS