Thursday, April 2, 2009

Baby Shower!

Last Saturday my sweet girlfriends, Mary, Rebekah, Scarlet, and Erika threw me a baby shower!
Baby showers are for grown-ups! It felt surreal that it was for me. Right when the shower was about to start, Scarlet said she had something to show me and she walked me into Erika's living room where there sat Tricia, Heather, Becky, and Tannen! My family from Georgia! I was SO excited to see them there, and it made the day that much more special.

As would be expected, we had DELICIOUS food, fun games, and a great time chatting.


Now before you think I'm disgusting for posting this picture, its not what you think it is. This is a picture of a guessing game we played involving melted candy bars and diapers. Let's just blame it on the pregnancy, but I knew exactly what every single "dirty diaper" was. Amanda is to chocolate as Ken Jennings is to everything ever (ooo- or as Steven is to random geography facts).
My sweet friends/ family were so thoughtful and generous with their gifts!! Steven and I were given some of the darn cutest baby clothes, diapers, toys, and other things we didn't even think we needed but will come in so useful. Mary made the darling diaper cake above, and found the time to make a cute baseball quilt as well. Mama Tricia also made us a perfect green and blue blanket and matching burp cloth. My baby is going to be doing everything in style!


Having a shower made me really focus on the pregnancy and remember that we don't have that much time left before Stevie Jr. joins the family. I am so grateful for good friends who want to help us celebrate and get ready for the expansion of our family!

3 comments:

jeremyand jessicapotter said...

Your getting so close! When I had my baby shower it made it really hit home that I was having a baby! Can't wait to meet the little one.

Rose said...

I wish I could have been there! So glad the Haymores went! How fun to see the pictures. I can hardly wait for you to get home!

Lisa said...

Sounds like you all had so much fun - wish I could have been there!!! What a beautiful Mommy-to-be you are, my sister! Love you!