All that aside, I've really wanted to make cake pops for quite a while now and decided to give it a shot with Lisa last week. I was in town for Elena's wedding and we wanted a fun project to do together.
These pictures were our inspiration, what we hoped our cake pops would look like:
Bakerella.com was the first to make the divine cake pops. Beautiful, no? The picture makes my mouth water.Now prepare yourselves. Here are the cake poops, I mean pops Lisa and I made:
Scroll up to the beauties, scroll down to ours. I hope you didn't reel back in disgust when you saw ours again.
1 box cake mix (we used red velvet, I wouldn't suggest it unless you really like cake that looks like bloody meat)
1 can cream cheese frosting
melting chocolate
Lollypop sticks
Bake the cake according to box directions. Once its cooled, crumble into a bowl and mix with the cream cheese frosting. Roll into bite sized balls. Dip one end of the lollypop stick into melted chocolate and stick it into the bloody meatballs. Refrigerate or freeze. Once the Pops are good and hardish, dip into melted chocolate and decorate.
Hopefully yours look better than ours.
4 comments:
hahaha!!! Love your bloody meatballs :)
Those are awesome! I think you should send a picture to bakerella.
Hello! I'm just stalking your blog. I totally cracked up at this. You are so funny. Also, consider me a fellow butter lover. Love ya! -Hannah Shepard Dimond
Hahaha I'm so glad I saw this! How funny. I just did the exact same thing for bunco night! I tried making cake pops for the first time, and used red velvet! As soon as I started crushing it, I thought "this is really disgusting looking... I don't even want to eat it at all..." then coating it was a nightmare. I was trying to make cubes so I could decorate them as dice. I wish I'd taken a picture of how hideous they looked. I gave up & of course never showed them to the bunco girls. Lol I'll never try red velvet again!
Post a Comment