Things we love about Ft. Lauderdale:
The beach. Of course, what's not to love?!? The water is warm enough to float around in, there is a nice amount of sand, and of course, lots of old ladies in bikinis. No joke! We saw a woman that had to be 70 in a bikini this week!
Steven's boss. I'm not sucking up, I promise. He doesn't even know we have a blog. But Steven's boss has the BEST perspective! His theory is that you are going to work the rest of your life, so play and enjoy it! He comes in at 8:30 and leaves no later than 6:15.
Beautiful parks.

Publix. A Publix we go to has a shopping cart escalator and PINEAPPLE FANTA! Schwing! I got hooked on that in Ghana.
The beautiful canals lined with monster homes and huge yachts.


Our ward. I am always struck that around the world, the doctrine of the gospel is the same while the members and the cultures of the wards are so different! Our ward here is great- the Haitian's meet with our ward and so we have a beautiful mix of French Creole prayers and English songs. The cute older Haitian ladies already love Lincoln.
The animals. We have a green parrot living in a tree outside of our house (and by house I mean tiny apartment) and lots and lots of lizards.

Things that will make for a good story:
We have about four(teen) legitimately crazy neighbors.
The only doors in our house that shut and stay shut are the 2 closet doors.
Endless ants.
CRAZY honking drivers!
Folding up Lincoln's pack 'n' play nightly and again in the morning to move him from our room to the front room.
The beach. Of course, what's not to love?!? The water is warm enough to float around in, there is a nice amount of sand, and of course, lots of old ladies in bikinis. No joke! We saw a woman that had to be 70 in a bikini this week!
Steven's boss. I'm not sucking up, I promise. He doesn't even know we have a blog. But Steven's boss has the BEST perspective! His theory is that you are going to work the rest of your life, so play and enjoy it! He comes in at 8:30 and leaves no later than 6:15.
Beautiful parks.
Publix. A Publix we go to has a shopping cart escalator and PINEAPPLE FANTA! Schwing! I got hooked on that in Ghana.
The beautiful canals lined with monster homes and huge yachts.
Our ward. I am always struck that around the world, the doctrine of the gospel is the same while the members and the cultures of the wards are so different! Our ward here is great- the Haitian's meet with our ward and so we have a beautiful mix of French Creole prayers and English songs. The cute older Haitian ladies already love Lincoln.
The animals. We have a green parrot living in a tree outside of our house (and by house I mean tiny apartment) and lots and lots of lizards.
Things that will make for a good story:
We have about four(teen) legitimately crazy neighbors.
The only doors in our house that shut and stay shut are the 2 closet doors.
Endless ants.
CRAZY honking drivers!
Folding up Lincoln's pack 'n' play nightly and again in the morning to move him from our room to the front room.
3 comments:
Sounds like a cool place and there is nothing better than a good boss! I can't wait for the "good stories" to come! Crazy neighbors make for great stories.
Oh I miss you guys so much! I am going to call you this week and we are going to connect!!!! I need to get your sister in law's number as well. Kiss that sweet Lincoln for me!
AWESOME!!!! Too bad you don't talk about your crazy family on your blog:-) Can't wait to see you guys next month!! Hope Lincoln had a great birthday!!
Post a Comment