Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Leaving Ft. Laudy


Sweet Steven had his last day of work last Friday and started work again (in Atlanta) on Monday, so that left Saturday to make the 11 hour trek from point A to B. To make the day more pleasant and to end our summer in Florida in the best possible way, we decided to hit the beach the morning we drove out.

Saturday morning our best (/only) FL friends, Sheree and Rob (Sherbert) helped us pack up our bags and went to the beach with us. These guys truly made our last couple of weeks in Ft. Lauderdale awesome. They went to Miami with us, shared meals, played with Lincoln, and best of all, Sheree was my daytime buddy in crime.


The ocean at 7 a.m. was oddly still. Waves just floated in; hardly any white peaks or foam. It was the perfect time to get in the water! That seems to be a well-kept secret of the homeless community-- they were all there taking their baths and frolicking in the water with us. They were so fun to watch because they were having such a great time.


Eventually we had to go, and said our goodbyes.

The drive up was pretty uneventful but made memorable by this beauty here:
HOTTEST SEMI EVER!!!

7 comments:

Abbie said...

I'm so glad that Atlanta thing worked out! Will you be living with his parents then?

Unknown said...

what a fun summer that you get to move around and see so many places!! Lincoln is a doll!!! I can't believe how fast he is growing :)

Toes on the Nose said...

Good luck on the second half of the summer. We miss you guys.

Toes on the Nose said...

Doug was very sad to see we weren't on the blog list anymore, but then saw you had archispot. Is that supposed to be us? Ours is archiesspot, or maybe you are now really interested in architecture. :)

r+s+a laney said...

CUTE pics! We sure do miss you guys.

Amanda said...

Oh Megan, we would never dream of taking you off our blog list! And in fact, Steven is applying for clerkships in Utahr for next year. Pretty much we are going to follow you around wherever we go. As for the list- I did it quickly and left off a few friends! Whoops...

Lisa said...

I loved that first pic of all you guys! I was partially blinded by the whiteness that is Steven! hee hee...ah well, who am I to talk? Amanda I love the new look of the blog! Miss you guys a ton!