Monday, November 15, 2010

Tippin Towards 50

Well, as my best friend Elena put it, "Now we're closer to 50 than we are to when we were born!"  At least I have a friend I can wallow with as the years go on. (Happy birthday TODAY, Elena dear!!  Looove you!!)

Just to be clear, I don't feel old, I know 26 is still young. 

But I am a planner, and am already cringing at the though of 29, 30...

My birthday was fantastic.  I had the morning to do whatever I wanted sans the little man.  It is amazing how much you can get done when you are alone!  I have to admit, it made me happy when Steven exclaimed how hard it is to get anything done with Lincoln around.  

Later in the day we went to Andrew Jackson's Nashville house, The Hermitage.  I really enjoyed it!  Before visiting, I had a kind of personal boycott of his home and museum because of his Native American policy (Indian Removal Act and Trail of Tears) as well as the fact that he was a slave holder.  While there, I learned some nice things about him, such as his service in the Revolutionary War as a 13-year-old!  Visiting made me want to go back to school and get another degree in history.  Because one useless degree isn't enough.  I guess I'll just keep reading...



 


That night we went to a 5 person birthday party.  Guacamole, candy, dancing... it was great.  The party had a Latin theme so when the name tags were going around, of course I picked Consuelo!  Nice and feminine, no?  That was my Spanish name in High School and Steven thinks its hilarious.  What was your Spanish name?  




Awkward, as usual. Plus looking like an emo kid with skinny jeans and a muffin top

Add caption

3 comments:

the youngs said...

I loved sharing my bday with you!! And by the way, 29, 30, and 31 have all been fabulous so far!

Unknown said...

Happy Happy Birthday :) I am at 28 and 29 is a little bit less terrifying to me everyday so I figure that is a blessing ;) I love the way you write...it makes me feel like I get to be there :)

Abbie said...

Meh. Don't make posts like this, it makes me sad I'm not there to celebrate. And PLEASE stop the whining. :) I turn 30 the last day of this year. :(