This year was my first Thanksgiving as the cook. And let me tell you, when you do the cookin', nothing tastes as good!! I had an idea in my mind that everything would be perfect. I steered towards a more modern menu, with pumpkin whoopie pies for dessert and casting aside things like creamed corn and sweet potatoes. Well, the food got to the table but it wasn't what I had my mouth set on. In my opinion, the best tasting thing was the gravy.
| Windows open and Christmas tree up- it was like 80 bajillion degrees on Thanksgiving! |
Even though the food could have been better, Thanksgiving was perfect. Peter, Emily, and Charlotte drove down from Michigan and stayed with us for a few days. We had a great time! Steven and I tried our best to convert them to the South (Nashville in particular) but I'm not sure if we succeeded. The boys played flag football, we drove them to all our favorite places, and we did lots of catchin' up.
| Hamburgesas at Puckett's Grocery in Lepers Fork |

4 comments:
Gravy is my favorite food of Thanksgiving so I am sure I would have loved your meal :) My little sister's fiance is thinking about going to school in Nashville...how is it there??
Amanda! Good job on cooking your first Thanksgiving meal. Oh my gosh, I seriously miss wearing winter clothes. It has actually been really nice the past couple days - in the 70s. We move home in 2 weeks!
So fun!!! Wish we had been there!
We uber-blog stalkers enlarged the picture with your magnetic board in the background and saw the pics of our kids on it. Oh how that warms cockles of our frozen little hearts!
Post a Comment