Friday, June 17, 2011

Lincoln the 2-Year-Old

I can hardly get over how much fun it is to be the mother of a 2-year-old!  Lincoln makes me laugh out loud every day, and does so many sweet things that make giving him 13 hours straight of time, energy, and concern oh-so worth it.  He is very smart (if I do say so myself), surprises me with his questions, comments, and actions, and even when he is having a rough time, his tantrums are so hilarious they make me leave the room and laugh.
All in all, he is one swell kid and I thank my Heavenly Father every day that he has given Lincoln to us.  



Lincoln as a 2-year-old
- says "Look, Mommy!" at least 27 times a day
- after telling me about his dreams or if he slept well, tells me that Doggie slept well, or Blankie drempt about basketball hoop.  He still LOVES his doggie and treats him like his brother.  "Kiss doggie, tuck doggie in, doggie needs to go poopoo..."
-is a fiend for M&Ms.  I told him he would have some on his birthday and for the past week I heard him in his crib saying, "M&M birthday, M&M birthday"
-likes to "sing" along with Primary Songs (filling in the last word to phrases), rhymes, Harry Belefanto, Jack Johnson, and other music we play around him often
-counts to 11 and knows some of his ABCs
-runs, runs, runs, all the time.  He never stops moving and is so thin, he runs with one arm holding his pants up in the back
-loves Cars, even though he has seen it only 2 or 3 times.  Everything has to be Cars; his underpants, toys, balloons
-throws fits by jumping into the air and landing flat on his bottom.  He is doing it less now that he doesn't wear diapers!
-is so proud to use the big boy pottie, a little scared to poop in it, but hopefully we'll get over that :) In fact, the other day he pooped standing next to it instead of on it (TMI? Perhaps.  Hilarious- definitely)
- very curious and adventurous, loves to explore but runs back to Mama when he feels nervous


Lincoln really does so many fun things, I wish I could share them all.  Having him as a first child makes us very excited for the next boy!


   



The beautiful pictures were taken by our dear friend Abbie

4 comments:

Natasha said...

Oh he is a cutie! They are so much fun aren't they?! I think I love Carter more each day. It is so fun to watch them grow and develop and learn new things.

Unknown said...

adorable!!! I swear Cars was made for two year old boys ;)

Rose said...

Oh boy, do I miss Grandma's Boy! Cannot wait to see him again!

Lisa said...

He is such a cutie pie...we miss that boy! Two is such a sweet little age...they grow up so fast, enjoy every moment! ; )