There is so much I could catch up on, but lets get serious, people. The last Harry Potter is what really counts.
2 nights ago Steven and I saw the last Harry Potter movie. I had read the book when it came out a bajillion years ago and it watching the movie still killed me. I cried from the first 30 minutes on.
| About 30 minutes after the movie- a close look reveals the mascara marks |
But then I imagined the potential facebook posts/ and UTube videos of a crazed, crying, pregnant woman....
Someone tell me I'm not like the people obsessed with Star Wars. You know, the Star Wars light saber dancer guy? I am trying to convince myself that Harry Potter and Star Wars aren't even comprable.
I've thought long and hard about why Harry Potter means so much to me. I've boiled it down to one person. Emily. She and I read these books when they first came out in High School. We would go to book store parties thrown the night before the books were released. We dressed up for the movies, talked extensively about the books and movies, and bonded over embarassing HP stories- Emily sobbing on my mom's shoulder after reading the last book in HS, me getting so choked up just last week when I tried telling my mom how the saga ends. Harry Potter is rich with traditions and a very special time for just me and my sister.
So here's to you, Harry Potter. Thanks for the fun, fun memories.
4 comments:
Um I'm not pregnant and your post made me cry :) What a sweet connection and the pictures speak a thousand words :)
Haha I love that we even dragged our kids into the madness! Oh Harry . . . I'm glad you cried too! I wish I would have stayed and we could have seen it together.
See I even married a Potter just for you, however I just couldn't bring myself to name our baby harry even though many people pleaded. :)
It's been such a fun part of our lives for what, 10 years? Amazing! Mwah!
Post a Comment