Lincoln CRACKS ME UP!! Whenever I need a good laugh I listen in on his monitor when I put him down for his nap.
Overheard:
"I'm going camping... with my DINOSAURS!!"
"Let's go peepee together, ok guys?"
"2 little monkeys jumping on Lincoln's head, one fell off and bumped his head! Mama called the Doctor and the Doctor said, no more monkeys jumping on Lincoln's head!"
"I'll huff! And I'll puff! (blowing sounds) I'll blow your house down!!"
"We need to go shopping, and get more diapers!"
Sometimes I hear him just listing people's names. The other day he was talking about Coen, Mary, Rebekah, Mommy, Daddy. It sounded like a thankful prayer, almost.
Lincoln is still set on naming baby brother Black Airplane or Purple Monkey. When we bring up a name or two that we like he gets all upset and adament that his name has already been decided.
Lincoln has also been adament lately about his strength. When I exercise with my (incredibly heavy) 5 pound weights in the morning, Lincoln insists on getting out the 3's. He grunts and carries them around, saying, "I'm a muscle man!" He says that whenever I tell him something is too heavy or too hard, like lifting milk or a bag of oranges.
Although I am anxious to have this baby, I am trying to really make the most of my couple weeks when Lincoln is my only child.
5 comments:
What a precious guy. Smart idea to enjoy him as an only child for a few more days... time goes so fast. Give him big hugs from Nana & Papa!
He is getting so big and he's so cute! What fun. It's being a mommy wonderful!
How awesome that you're enjoying each day with him as an only child. These are such lovely, joyous days.
I heart Lincoln!!! Listening to him talk to his toys brings me back to Taylor at that age. Even now, she's playing with the magnets on the fridge and there's a dinosaur involved and some other animal screaming for help! Love their imaginations. Can't wait to see the new babes...and honestly, Airplane isn't the worst I've heard! ; )
Cake POOPS! Hahaha...guess our directions weren't specific enough! Btw, I found out what we did wrong! You're supposed to mix in half a can of frosting into the cake crumbs and chill for several hours before rolling into chocolate!
Ooops. . . could explain the poopiness.
Post a Comment