But I do get a little bit of enjoyment of replying to the question, "So, when are you due?"
The responses vary from how great I look to how humongous this baby must be. But thankfully no one is insisting that I am having twins yet (Dani :)).
In all the waiting, I have felt grateful and emotional for every amazing memory made with my family of 3. A hot dog date to Costco. Reading book after book with Lincoln on our bed before he goes to sleep. Feeding the ducks during Steven's lunch break. I know our capacity to love will grow with each child we have, but right now we love this buddy so darn much, and are concerned about him.
I've tried to prep him for if he wakes up and we aren't there. He says he wants to go to the hospital, too. He says he wants to be a little baby, he wants to be in my tummy... despite his desire to be babied, I know he will be a sweet older brother. I am so grateful for the example, helper, and friend I have in my brother and love knowing that Baby Brother and Lincoln will have that in each other as well.
| a few weeks old |
| 4 months |
| 6 months |
![]() |
| Lincoln's favorite calm activity |
P.S. this last picture reminds me of a recent episode of The Office when Pam is upset and someone tells her to "keep her chins up". haha we laughed at that one for a while. Poor pregnant Pam!

6 comments:
Oh Amanda you make me laugh! Sorry the baby still hasn't come. I remember my due date came and went and I was a little disappointed because nothing happened. Good luck! It will happen soon!
awww...Lincoln is such a cutie :) and good luck with all of the wonderfulness to come!!
I love reading your blog...it is so sweet. Your brother loves you SO very much. He may not call as much as he should (that would be both of us - slackers!) but he thinks and talks about you and Emily often. Lincoln is going to such a sweet wonderful older brother to baby Airplane! They will be inseparable in no time. Hope he comes soon for ya - but enjoy it now while you can : )
Wow, thanks for the kudos! I sure do love and miss you a ton! I know Lincoln couldn't ask for a better mom than you.
It is the sweetest thing watching your little guy become a big brother! I am so excited for you guys! Can't wait to see pics!
Post a Comment