Monday, November 7, 2011

Chase

(18 days later) Introducing, Chase Christopher Haymore!!

7lb 7 oz, 19 inches, and we think he is just perfect.  Born Thursday morning, October 20th.




Born with a dark head of hair just like his brother had.  Boasts not one but two adorable dimples- beats his daddy's one.  Has the cutest clef in his chin just like both of his grandpas and dad.  And his hairy back and sweet widow's peak?  All his own :).







And now for the birth story, because I always like reading those.


I thought I was going to have Chase at least a week early.  I had contractions 2 weeks before I was due and was progressing along nicely.  By my due date, I was SO READY!!  But nothing was happening.  So, I did lots of walking, bounced on a yoga ball for hours, ate whole pineapples, went out for eggplant parmesean at a place notorious for putting women into labor... everything.  At 2 days overdue, I took Castor Oil.  That night (Monday), nothing happened.  I realized that night that I was supposed to take 2 tablespoons as opposed to the measly 2 teaspoons I took.  Despite taking the very wrong dosage, I had contractions all night and in the morning, woke Steven up to go to the hospital.  By the time our bags were packed my contractions had stopped.  That day (Tuesday), I took the proper dosage and still nothing happened.  Wednesday I was scheduled for induction so we went to the hospital at 6 am, was hooked up to pitocin by about 7:30, had an epidural at 10:30, and Chase was born 2 hours later.  Interesting note about my epidural, I felt exactly what was going on, it wasn't complete numbness like I experienced with Lincoln.  Wild!!

So far, Lincoln LOVES having a brother.  He shares his beloved doggie with him and likes to love on him while saying, "Oh, baby!  Oh baby!!"  

We kinda like him too.   

7 comments:

Mary said...

Hooray!!! Chase is absolutely beautiful. (That's okay to say for a baby boy, right?) I love these pictures and he is so sweet. I am very excited for your family and can't wait to meet Chase and see Lincoln with his little brother. Amanda, you look awesome in the hospital pic!

Natasha said...

I was 4 days overdue with Carter as well! I convinced my doctor to wait a week past my due date before they would induce me. Glad things went well and everyone is healthy! Chase is very cute and I can see some resemblence of his dad and brother.

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! he is beautiful!!! What a lovely family :)

Toes on the Nose said...

He is absolutely adorable - I love his black hair! He looks so different than Lincoln to me (of course Lincoln is just as adorable!). Hope you are adjusting well to being a mom of two. You are supermom, so I am sure it is going very well.

Lisa said...

What a good-lookin' bunch you are! Chase is sooo precious...what a sweet face! He looks a lot like Steven to me! Love the dark hair! And a widow's peak? Well he must have inherited that from his auntie Lisa ; )

Can't wait to see more updates on here! I'm sure life is just a little bit crazy, now! Sending you hugs and loves!

jeremyand jessicapotter said...

congrats! Two are so much fun. I'm sure your an awesome mom.

Rose said...

Such sweet pictures and such a happy time. So lovely.