Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Summer Fun

The older I get the more trite I sound...

Gee, the summer has gone by so fast!  Lamest statement ever, I know.  But it's true! 

Summer so far:

Lots of swimming!  Even though I have been a swim teacher for 10 years and think I am quite good at it, MY boy is not too interested.  He does like kicking around in his floaties, though.  And Chase.  Boy, he is crazy about the water!  He leeeeans as far out of his turtle float as he can and splashes up a storm. 




We swim a few days a week with our cousins and every once in a while with our friends, the Munks.  Linc and Laura are thick as theives and a handful when they get together. 

A month or so ago we stayed at a cabin with some friends in our ward.  So fun!  We got to know them better, played games, and ate lots of yummy food.  While we were up north, we PICKED BLUEBERRIES!!  Ever since I became utterly domestic (haha) and read Animal Vegetable Mineral I literally dream of planting and picking and farming like the little farm girl I want to be :).  So, I was in heaven while picking blueberries!  I filled my basket up to the brim and Lincoln and I ate them up within a couple days.  HEAVEN, I TELL YOU!!



faces of joy

The sweetie and the hottie in the crick

While leaving Nashville last weekend, we experienced what is becoming our annual tire blowout.  Stranded on the side of the road in record heat, not 1 but 2 highway patrol officers stopped to try and help us pry our spare out of the trunk. 

Like any good boy, Linc loved seeing the people in uniform.  He was pretty fascinated with the "Mommy" officer.


I'd say that about 70% of my conversations with Lincoln these days are about: 1.superheroes  2. how strong he is  3.how fast he is and 4.all the sports he is going to play when he gets bigger.  He is a boy on the move and eager to show how tough he is.

Today while he was playing with ninjas I showed him my moves.  "Mommy, you're not a ninja.  You're a Mommy."

From the back of the car, "Mom, I'm super strong."
       Me: "Who else is strong?"
       L:  "... DADDY!!!"
       Me: "Is he stronger than you?"
      L: "Hmm... "



2 comments:

Dana said...

Loved this post. Wanna come teach Hadley swim lessons?

Erin said...

Lincoln is adorable! love how he thinks :)