Sunday, July 15, 2012

Workin' it

Seems like you work the hardest for the things you love.

Browsing through my journal from the past few months, I've noticed a trend.  One line, scribbled quickly and messily- "Lincoln is giving me a run for my money!"  I don't know what it is about turning 3, but Lincoln is all of a sudden disobedient and hard to handle. 

And of course, I feel bad saying that.  I love my sweet boy, but some days are easier than other.  So, to lessen my yelling and his time spent in time out, I am praying.  Praying and praying and praying.  Pleading for patience, for more love, to see the good in my boy, and to find the right balance between teaching him obedience and discipline and not being too strict.  Starting my day pleading for help has made me more aware of how I react and respond and helps me see ways to decompress situations before they get out of hand. 

People tell me this won't last forever, so I will try my best to make the threes teriffic. 

And Laura, if you read this, I about died when you said you loved this age!  I'm glad somebody likes it!





Gak making activity... very fun thing to do together and then he really played with it for more than an hour!  Good for everyone involved.


While I was thinking about all the effort I've been putting into my relationship with Lincoln, it has been a good reminder about what other things I cherish and made me wonder if I am working hard enough on them.

My testimony- I cherish my knowledge of God's plan for us on the earth.  It is so easy for that eternal mindset to slip away to the mundane and little things of the world.  I've found that I NEED to pray everyday.  Pray sincerely, read from the Bible or Book of Mormon, and think about it.  I can't forget this aspect of my life. 

Stevie buddy!!  How often do I forget his needs for those of the kids or of my own.  We've been married for 5 1/2 years and known each other for almost 10.  So often I take him for granted and forget how IN love with him I am.  Thank goodness for hilarious journal entries written from the smitten heart of a 19-year-old.  Makes for some good reading and reminds me of our courtship.  I realize that is the 2nd mention of journals in 4 or so paragraphs.  That probably does secure my status as a big ol' nerd.  I just love to read the old enteries, they kill me! 



And this boy.  Drama free and easy to love, I tell you.  He mostly just hangs around.  I don't have to work real hard with him, but I love him nonetheless.



4 comments:

Natasha said...

Oh Amanda you are so amazing! I know what you're saying about having to work at certain relationships and how you need the help of the Lord to see the good in others. I struggle sometimes as well. Being a mom can be very trying at times but it's definitely worth it. Good luck! You're doing a great job!

Scarlet said...

Amanda you are such a good example to me and I'm sure many others! I love reading your posts. Grayson isn't three yet but he definitely has his moments. It is NOT easy so I'm not looking forward to it if it gets worse. haha You're just awesome and I wish I was good at writing in my journal. Miss you guys.

Rose said...

How thankful I am for the wife, mother, and daughter that you are. I love you.

Rose said...
This comment has been removed by the author.