Saturday, June 19, 2010

Lincoln's First!

Promise, cross my heart, that Lincoln is a Southern Boy. Although he was born in Las Vegas and just celebrated his first birthday in Southern Florida, he is a southern boy at heart.

See, southern boys don't wear shirts, and they definitely have farmer's tans.

Well, whatever he is, Lincoln had a great first birthday. I was all stressed out about making his cake healthy(ish), delicious, and cute in our terrible oven but all my worry was for nothing because Lincoln only ate the berries on top and then proceeded to slap and pound his cake for about 5 minutes.

It was hilarious to watch.

Fun 1-year-old accomplishments:

  • Picking his nose (well, just sticks his finger in there- he doesn't dig around or pull anything out)
  • Walking around holding to one hand- we think he will be walking on his own soon
  • Follows commands! Spits his binkey in his crib when I pull him out, puts things where we ask him too, opens and shuts cabinets when we ask him too
  • He is FINALLY getting a tooth- 5 at once, in fact
  • Likes to chase and "kick" balls
  • Barks like a dog and chases dogs and cats
  • Hugs his stuffed dogs
  • Holds everything up to his ear like he's talking on the phone
Lincoln the toddler vs. Lincoln the baby is so different! He is interested in everything and when he can't explore and get what he wants he sure lets me know. I think this year will be full of discovery on his side and patience on mine.

How grateful I am to be be his mother!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Happy Birthday, Lincoln! I wish we could have been there! We can't wait to see your family again!

Scarlet said...

I'm cracking up. haha I LOVE the pictures and can't wait to do the same with GRAY! i can't believe he's getting 5 teeth! awesome. we sure miss you guys. thanks for posting...i love reading them

Rose said...

And how grateful I am to be his grandma! I miss you all so much!!!