Saturday, June 19, 2010

World Cup

Has anyone else lost their husbands to games on tv and constant score checking online?!?

I have.

Its so fun, though. I LOVE watching the games and hearing all the background drama. Don't tell Steven but I get any and all info about the World Cup from listening to NPR while driving.

Such as- did you hear that South Korea hired Chinese actors and singers to play their fans during the first game??

And the American goalie with turrets?

Anyone seen that Crisiano Ronaldo- what a hottie! ;-)

Steven is cheering for the US and Portugal (he served in Ronaldo's home island of Madeira) and I am cheering for the US and Ghana, and any other African team.

Hope all of you are watching and enjoying it, too!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Lincoln!! Way to even try to make a healthy cake! and love the farmers tan ;) and we looove world cup at our house too but have been a little disillusioned by the USA/Slovenia game :: sad stuff :: but we are excited for what's to come :)

Emily said...

I am homesick for you guys like crazy! let's be neighbors again so I can steal lincoln all the time

Becky said...

Jeff and Steven must've inherited the same World Cup gene. I've declared July 12th "NO SPORTS DAY" in my house. Between 3-4 soccer games a day PLUS our beloved Braves that play almost every day, I.AM.SPENT!!!

Amanda said...

ha that's hilarious Becky. But at least you get to watch your games in ENGLISH!! We watch the rebroadcast every night on the Spanish channel!