Christmas Eve early afternoon we all packed up and headed over to Dad and Cindy's house! There we had yet another amazing dinner and watched part of Scrooged. After dinner we drove 40 minutes or so up to Mt. Charleston to stay a couple nights at the cabin.
I love spending time at the cabin. Although you are very close to Vegas, it feels so different. You can see the stars at night, it is so much quieter than the valley, and sometimes you even will see a deer or mountain cat. Spending Christmas Eve there was great. Lots of hot chocolate and movies.
| Don't let Lincoln's smile fool you... that kid wasn't happy |
The silence and magic of a Mt. Charleston Christmas was unfortunately broken by Lincoln. Let me tell you, if Santa hadn't already brought his toys, Linc would have made the naughty list. That kid screamed all night long! Every couple hours he would wake up screaming. Finally at 5 a.m. we decided to let Lincoln cry it out and hopefully he would put himself back to sleep...
Needless to say, everyone got up pretty early on Christmas.
Gratefully, everyone was such a good sport about it! I felt so flustered and unsure of myself as a parent. Lincoln is usually a good sleeper and pretty chill but those few days I couldn't ever set him down. It was a weird phase and I am very happy that he is back to his normal, pleasant self.
But my arms are super buff from carrying him around :-) (ha I wish)
Getting such an early start on our Christmas allowed us a lot of time to play. We did a little bit of sledding and laughed so hard as we ate it in the snow.
| The Hottie and The Grump |
| Cute Dadoo |
| Dustin was the bravest sledder of us all |
| Cindy, Linc, and Linc's favorite toy |
No comments:
Post a Comment