Saturday, January 28, 2012

January

Happy, happy, happy and WHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHY!!!

Life is great, we are all doing well, but I feel like I answer WHY questions from the second Lincoln wakes up until the second I put him to bed.  WHY WHY WHY rings in my ears when I'm sleeping.  I really do try to answer his questions with a legitimate answer but after going as in depth as I can, sometimes I say "just because" or "because Heavenly Father made it that way."

I am wondering when this stage ends.  And WHY WHY WHY WHY.


Sweet Chasers is 3 months old.  He is still smiley and sweet.  He loves bath time and being held.  He has started chuckling when we tickle or play with him.  Now that he is 3 months, I can finally take him to the gym!  

 No more of this...

Chase usually lets me workout, but Lincoln really likes to "help".  He holds my leg up when I am doing leg raises, sits on my stomach for sit ups, and crawls under me whenever I do yoga or push ups.  He also likes to repeat whatever Jillian Michaels tells us- the other day he told me go "get some!"  I've started doing my videos on mute.


Linc is full of personality these day, we still read a lot, and he loves to pretend. 

We've been blessed with a mild January so I take the boys on lots of walks and try to wear Lincoln out at the park.

Finally, making some real friends, too.  Feels great :)


Green eggs and ham



Chase and our 3rd son, Doggie, hanging out while Lincoln plays at the park

Lincolnisms these days:

One night at dinner, Lincoln looks at me and says, "Mommy, you're pretty."  He turns to Steven and says, "Daddy, you are handsome.  And Chase, you're cool!!"

"One day when I get big, I will have a blue juice box!"

Looking at the pretty orange and pink sky, he says, "There are Halloween's in the sky!"

After I explained to him that we don't spank our cousins he brings be a babydoll and proceeds to wack its bottom.  He says, "This is my pank (spank) baby so I can pank it!!"

Steven and I were making up songs via the SNL cheerleaders and Lincoln made up one for me all on his own:
   "My name is Mommy, I like to mix things, I love my Linkey, so check me out- check me out!!"

While driving I lingered on a less than desirable radio station, Lincoln asks, "Does Heavenly Father like this music?"   Ouch.  Lesson learned.

He talks up a storm and comes up with some of the funniest things.  Good thing, because the WHYS are driving me crazy!

6 comments:

Meg said...

in one of the pictures lincoln looks so much like stephen

Rose said...

Oh my goodness, Lincoln is sooooooo funny! David and I laughed ourselves silly!

Unknown said...

I LOVE the Lincolnisms :) Does Heavenly Father like this music...hahahahaha :)

Natasha said...

Lincoln is so cute and so clever! He makes me laugh. It's amazing how smart little ones are. I don't think we give them enough credit sometimes.

LMemory said...

Lincolnisms and baby sit-ups. I love this post so much. You're doing a great job out there, Amanda!

Lisa said...

What a cutie pie that little Link is growing up to be! I love his sayings, especially the 'pank' doll! Can't wait to see little Chasers - I just wanna smoosh those cheeks against mine!