Saturday, January 28, 2012

Home Sweet Home

A couple weekends ago we drove to Nashville for my dear friend Mary's baby shower.  We haven't been there since we moved, and it felt so great to visit!  I missed our friends so much! 

                    face of joy:

The shower was a blast, and we spent the rest of the weekend catching up with friends and eating out.  Kind of perfect.    

Amanda, me, Farrah, Mary, and Natalie

And you can't forget Rebekah in the green


Lincoln and Coen had a great time together, as well.  They spent one night in the same room and just laughed and chatted when they woke up.  I miss watching that little buddy!


Playing games
 It was just like old times- I made pancakes for everyone and as usual, it took a forever and made everybody wait.  The little boys ran around, the girls chatted, and the guys chuckled at whatever they laugh about. 


I loved being back in Nashville and it gave me some closure.  The ward is different, some of our very close friends are preparing to move on, and I saw that I can be just as close with those girls even though we are far apart. 

2 comments:

Rose said...

So good to have swee friends.

Alisha said...

Thanks for this post. Especially the closure part. I fear the closure because I don't want it to close, but I guess I'd be sad forever without it. Glad to see you can move on, and be happy. Makes me think I can too. It was sooo good to see you and your family.